Sunday, November 17, 2013

naked in the city (not really)

Ted and I went over in the early-evening dark to Naked City, across the road from us, and enjoyed their Sunday happy hour.  He had extra-crispy fries, which they season with black truffle salt and serve with beer cheese dip, while I had an unsalted warm pretzel with stone ground mustard and a sliced-up stick of Landjaeger.  OK, truth be told, I also had a glass of Veni Vidi Vici chardonnay, the house white, and a quince tart with cinnamon whipped cream.  It was fun.

Lovely Jamie the waitress came on duty after we'd been served, in friendly fashion, by Dan, but she stopped by the table to let us know the Seahawks had won in a rout.  

I cannot tell you how much I love being well enough known on this block to have people remember me and seem to like to greet me that way.  

Naked City on Greenwood

No comments:

Post a Comment