I'd had a little sniffle and light cough for a few days, but last night the cold got serious. I woke up feeling pretty lousy and needed breakfast. No dice: the projected opening of the Green Bean coffee house next door has been delayed from today until Friday; the new Bill's on Greenwood will start opening for weekend brunch tomorrow rather than today; and The House Sports Pub said they do breakfast only on Sundays, for the football crowd. So I felt all frustrated.
Luckily, the kids said they were going for pho around 11:00. We met up at Than Brothers and had great soup and cream puffs, and then we went into the Chocolati showroom to buy some truffles. Plus I bought Ted a white chocolate ghost on a stick. I'm still sick but am in much better spirits now!
Last evening, by the way, I had Gainsbourg's herbed white bean soup and roasted beet salad with my happy hour white wine. Life on this block has turned out to be a good thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment