Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The coffeehouse is open

Odd as it may seem, especially to me, I've been asked to start a food blog.  Not a foodie's blog, really, so much as a "denizen of the diner" log.  I've been making posts about my breakfasts, brunches, and lunches out for many years, originally at Livejournal and more recently on my Facebook.  I always assumed people were either ignoring me or being kindly forbearing about these posts, but a few times there were surprise requests to do things more formally.

Well, as formally as I'm able to do things, which isn't very.

This morning at Chocolati on Greenwood Avenue in Seattle, I had an 8-oz. cup of their great Lighthouse regular, with a little sugar and half-and-half, and a marionberry truffle (free because I had filled in my truffle card), followed by a 12-oz. decaf Americano with half-and-half but no sugar (because I'm trying to work up the nerve to stop using it).  I always have them give me a ceramic mug, something that seems to mark me everywhere I go -- "She's one of those" is sometimes the look I get.  But it matters.

Over time, if I can crank it up to do so, I'll repost old LJ and/or FB posts, on occasion with the poem that appeared along with the prose. 

Welcome!  Grab a cup and have some coffee with me.

4 comments:

  1. This is WONDERFUL! I like every nuance and detail. Keep going, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thank you, JoAnne! I will be hit & miss about it, especially with NaNoWriMo around the corner, but I do promise to post some breakfasts.

      Delete
  2. Good to join you and read more coffee and diner food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (Your comment didn't appear at once because I had set it to automatic moderation, but I think I'll change the setting.) Lovely to see you here.

      Delete